Cammeray Golf Club
9 Hole golf course located in the Sydney region
Play first commenced at Cammeray in 1906 when a group from the Neutral Bay Lawn Tennis Club agreed to start a golf club in Cammeray Park. The current layout was finally settled on in 1968 after the Warringah expressway was completed. The expressway caused a considerable area of the old course to be resumed together with playing fields that were the southern ends of the present 7th and 8th holes and a number of temporary layouts were played during the years it took for the expressway to be constructed. After an aggressive tree-planting policy in the early days the current layout is a excellent test of golf from the members tees, requiring driving accuracy, pinpoint second shots and the ability to play from a variety of stances. The condition of the course is excellent year-round despite it having reasonably high volume traffic 7 days per week. Its closeness to the city makes it a popular course for a quick nine holes morning or evening and with open days on Mondays and Wednesdays and Fridays, many affiliated golfers take advantage of the chance to play "Royal" Cammeray.
Review this golf course