Northcote Golf Club
9 Hole golf course located in the Melbourne region
9 hole course. The Northcote Golf Club was formed in 1963 to play on the newly constructed Northcote Municipal Golf Links on Normanby Ave, Thornbury. The course was designed by the respected course designer Sam Berriman and officially opened by the Mayor of Northcote Cr. F.J. Ford JP on December 15th, 1962. An exhibition match with some top amateurs of the time celebrated the opening, including Doug Bachli, 1948 Australian Amateur Champion and 1954 British Amateur Champion, and Tom Crow, 1961 Australian Amateur Champion. The Clubhouse was built on the present site and opened by the appropriately named mayor of Northcote Cr. Caddy, on the 10th December 1967. The Clubhouse was extended to its current size in 1985 and provides a modern facility for its members.
Review this golf course